WhiteWater West is seeking a Accounts Payable Clerk to join our Finance Team at our Richmond head office!
Responsible for The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing of accounts payable transactions for the WhiteWater Group of Companies.
- Verifies invoices by ensuring proper extensions, taxes, coding and approval matches Levels of Authority matrix
- Receives project related invoices
- Prepare and enter batches of invoices
- Prepare weekly cheque runs, wire transfers and EFT payments
- Prepare cheques for signature, obtain signatures and forward to vendors
- Prepare manual cheques for EFT and wire payments
- Verifies, processes and posts Corporate Credit Card transactions
- Maintain vendor files
- Completes vendor credit applications
- Reconciliation of vendor statements and follow-up of outstanding invoices
- Resolve invoice and receiving discrepancies
- Communicate with vendors and respond to their inquiries
- Respond to routine e-mail, voicemail and general inquiries regarding accounts payable
- Verifies & process bi-weekly employee expense reimbursements
- Reconcile unvouchered receipts accrual account
- Work in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles while ensuring proper internal control procedures and corporate policies are followed
- Continuous improvement of self
- Respect for people with communication, consideration and cooperation
- Reception back-up
- Accounting Clerk back-up
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proficient in data entry within a fast-paced high volume accounting department
- Highly detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic 365 an asset
- Exposure to foreign currency transactions
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- 1-3 years accounts payable and general accounting experience
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization
WHY WORK FOR US?
- It’s all about who it’s for and what it is. WhiteWater West Industries builds and designs products that bring fun to our end customers. Therefore, we strive to incorporate fun into our team culture while still maintaining the highest standards of safety.
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.