WhiteWater West is seeking a Buyer to join our Supply Chain team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will ensure that goods and services are purchased at the best overall value, on time, and meet the quality specifications. You will also be responsible for purchasing, issuing request for proposals, and negotiating prices for manufacturing’s “rapid line” .
- As per the requisitions, place purchase orders with approved suppliers in accordance with agreements
- Support and execute best practices in accordance with the sourcing and purchasing strategy for selecting and managing providers for all Whitewater West Industries business units
- Purchase components, sub-contracted services and finished products to meet the customer’s quality, service and value expectations
- Evaluate and manage existing and potential suppliers based on the principles of Total Cost of Ownership
- Develop cost saving initiatives in accordance with Strategic Purchasing Plan
- Monitor progress of orders and expedite critical orders
- Monitor and reject non-compliant requisitions
- Resolve Invoice discrepancies
- Develop and or support, implement, and manage supply chain Kan Ban programs
- Make continuous improvements in costs, lead times and inventory control
- Help develop and implement purchasing systems, procedures and strategies
- Reconcile material non-conformances
- Assist with the development and deployment of a supplier performance matrix incorporating the fundamentals of price, delivery, quality, capability, reliability and other performance attributes
- Support initiation of offshore sourcing programs, where applicable by identifying, sourcing and developing global supply partners
- Identify and implement the technologies required to support the global procurement strategy
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in sourcing or procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent knowledge in the area of Materials Management or Purchasing. PMAC designation preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP, inventory, and production principles
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- You must have excellent communication and negotiating skills, both verbal and written
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.