WhiteWater West is seeking a Documentation Administrator to join our Engineering team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will be responsible for generation and timely delivery of Engineering deliverables to other Engineering groups and internal partners, documentation of processes and procedures, and coordination of documentation and requirements. This is a key role supporting Engineering and Continuous Improvement initiatives. You will also contribute to the maintenance of the design library, adhere to established design processes, and participate in process improvement initiatives as required.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of Engineering product information suitable for transfer to ERP systems
- Research and interpret requirements from international standards for definition of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) items
- Support preparation and maintenance of technical and end user procedural and process documentation and product manuals
- Assist in creation of simple CAD models, fabrication part and assembly drawings, and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for both custom and COTS parts
- Work within existing protocols and PDM vaulting systems for creation and file storage of all parts, assemblies, and drawings, including transition from legacy systems
- Research legacy project data to determine customer requirements
- Post-secondary technical diploma (Mechatronics/Mechanical/Electronics Technologist preferred) or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with 3D CAD packages (SolidWorks preferred)
- Hands on experience with Engineering documentation
- Proven working experience in business process redesign and technical writing of processes and procedures with a strong command of English grammar and punctuation
- Ability to translate technical information into simpler terms for non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience developing and applying Microsoft Word styles and templates
- Experience with PDM, design vaulting systems and ERP an asset
- Knowledge of drawings standards (ASME Y14.100) would be a definite asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.