WhiteWater West is seeking a full-time Global Logistics Specialist to join our Supply Chain Team at our Richmond head office! the Logistics Specialist will plan, coordinate, evaluate and support complex logistics for international projects ensuring smooth flow of goods and adhering to global customs regulations. Responsible for cost efficient and reliable shipping solutions, liaising with authorities, customs brokers, logistics providers, carriers, suppliers, internal stakeholders and customers. This role requires an energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong work ethic, continuous improvement attitude and willingness to get the job done. Able to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines and complete tasks in a high paced environment while maintaining calm spirit under pressure. Additionally, this role may include other duties.
- Coordinate and monitor complex shipping flow of goods for international projects ensuring smooth and on time delivery.
- Conduct competitive nomination process when awarding work to logistics providers or carriers.
- Prepare customs and shipping documentation in accordance to government agencies regulations, sale contracts and Letters of Credit requirements. Responsible for bank presentations related to shipping milestone for sale contracts with LC payment terms.
- Work in collaboration with team, internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, customs brokers, cargo insurer, banks and clients to ensure smooth flow of goods.
- Communicate issues impacting shipments on-time delivery. Prepare shipping contingency plans and facilitate resolution of shipping disruptions.
- Develop and maintain project shipping schedules for on-time delivery reporting purposes.
- Develop and maintain schedules of values to ensure proper valuation of shipped goods.
- Validate receiving of shipped equipment from suppliers’ locations.
- Assist with NAFTA or other FTA forms solicitation, qualification, and authentication.
- Record retention of customs and shipping documentation (Invoice, Packing List, Certificates of Origin, Customs entries, Cargo Insurance Certificate, other as required)
- Work closely with logistics providers and customs brokers on resolving any issues related to customs and/or cargo release. Responds to any request for information or documentation to resolve cargo hold in a timely fashion.
- Assist in providing feedback related to shipping requirements on sale contracts, Letters of Credit, Agreements with suppliers.
- Audit customs entries filed by broker or logistics provider to ensure compliance
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies, procedures, processes and instructions manual to assure compliance with global customs laws & regulations, administrative and supply chain best practices.
- Assist with classification of products and maintenance of Tariff Classification and country of origin library.
- Freight Invoices audit and reconciliation.
- Support and execute best practices in accordance with WhiteWater objectives and goals.
- Continuous improvement of self.
- Respect for people with communication, consideration and collaboration.
- Responsible for safety, ensure best practices are followed.
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in International Logistics or Global Supply Chain environment.
- Post-secondary education in either Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations, Or College degree/diploma or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience organizing shipping for all modes of transport.
- Strong familiarity with global customs regulations including required customs documentation for both the importation and exportation of goods.
- Familiarity with global packaging & marking regulations and best practices.
- Strong understanding and working experience with classification of goods within the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), country of origin determination, and valuation methods.
- Proficient knowledge of Incoterms 2010.
- Strong knowledge of world geography.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with transport module in D365 can be an asset.
- Have flexibility in duty assignment and ability to work overtime, holidays and weekends as necessary.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world. We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.