The IT Engineering Systems Team’s mandate is to develop and implement structured yet flexible
processes and software solutions to support a wide variety of multidisciplinary engineering, design, data and configuration management problems associated with waterpark manufacturing. These solutions bring a high degree of visibility, accountability, and control to corporate engineering and its integration with manufacturing and business processes.
The IT Engineering Systems Developer position is responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of tangible, practical software solutions. Documenting, deploying, and supporting
these custom applications and processes is a key job function.
The developer’s knowledge of corporate processes and information systems makes them an important contributor and advisor to the user community and IT Management.
• Develop new or improve upon existing software solutions related to our engineering
• Provide technical support, including troubleshooting and training assistance.
• Support and improve production systems through upgrades and patches to minimize cost
and risk and maximize uptime and performance.
• Author and maintain documentation for processes and implemented solutions.
• Prepare statement of impact, estimate and schedule for system changes and
enhancements, obtain user sign-off.
• Communicate with IT Management to identify strengths and weaknesses of engineering and
related systems and provide recommendations to gain efficiency and rectify weaknesses.
• Check the work of other team members as required.
• Maintain and follow best practices in engineering, customer service, quality, lean
management and safety.
• Execute responsibilities in a safe, professional manner in accordance with the law and
accepted ethical standards.
• Respect for people through positive communication, consideration, and cooperation
• Continuous improvement of self.
• Define and align goals with departmental goals then ensure regular performance feedback is
completed through formal performance reviews every four months.
Qualifications & Experience
• Completion of an engineering, computer science, or similar degree from a recognized
• Minimum 3 to 5 years in a similar position.
• Solid foundation in full stack software development and customization using the following
languages and technologies:
o Visual Studio and .NET framework
o Visual Basic (vb.NET, VBA, vbScript), C#
o WPF \ XAML with MVVM architectural pattern
o SQL Server and SSMS
o Git version control
• Knowledge of unit testing tools and methodologies would be considered an asset.
• Hands on experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD with an understanding of parametric 3D
modeling would be considered an asset.
• Experience with the integration of manufacturing and enterprise resource management
systems would be considered an asset.
• Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
• A combination of excellent analytical and technical skills.
• High standards of quality and thoroughness through attention to detail.
• Results driven, organized, and able to integrate varying requirements to postulate cohesive
• Must be proficient at presenting clear, concise and logical arguments in written and oral
form to managers and stakeholders as to the validity, effectiveness, practicality and
correctness of proposed solutions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team – be an energetic self-starter who can
motivate and contribute to a positive and results-oriented team environment.
• Strong customer focus to maintain effective internal and external working relationships with
all levels in the organization by emphasizing politeness, patience, and responsiveness.
• Excellent time management in a fast-paced environment; capable of taking steps to deliver
on time and on budget.
• Proactive, innovative, and capable of quickly assimilating new information.