WhiteWater West is seeking an Intermediate Engineering Systems Developer to join our IT Team at our Richmond head office for a 12 month contract! You will responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of tangible, practical software solutions. Documenting, deploying, and supporting these custom applications and processes is a key job function.
The IT Engineering Systems Team’s mandate is to develop and implement structured yet flexible processes and software solutions to support a wide variety of multidisciplinary engineering, design, data and configuration management problems associated with waterpark manufacturing. These solutions bring a high degree of visibility, accountability, and control to corporate engineering and its integration with manufacturing and business processes.
• Develop new or improve upon existing software solutions related to our engineering systems.
• Provide technical support, including troubleshooting and training assistance.
• Support and improve production systems through upgrades and patches to minimize cost and risk and maximize uptime and performance.
• Author and maintain documentation for processes and implemented solutions.
• Prepare statement of impact, estimate and schedule for system changes and enhancements, obtain user sign-off.
• Communicate with IT Management to identify strengths and weaknesses of engineering and related systems and provide recommendations to gain efficiency and rectify weaknesses.
• Check the work of other team members as required.
Qualifications & Experience
• Completion of an engineering, computer science, or similar degree from a recognized university.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years in a similar position.
• Knowledge of unit testing tools and methodologies would be considered an asset.
• Hands on experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD with an understanding of parametric 3D modeling would be considered an asset.
• Experience with the integration of manufacturing and enterprise resource management systems would be considered an asset.
• Solid foundation in full stack software development and customization using the following languages and technologies:
- Visual Studio and .NET framework
- Visual Basic (vb.NET, VBA, vbScript), C#
- WPF\XAML with MVVM architectural pattern
- SQL server and SSMS
- Git version control
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.