WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for the Company’s global world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, and wave-generating equipment. FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world, working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do the best work. We have a business casual dress code, collaborative, open door work environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance. We differentiate ourselves through customer intimacy and practicing the vertical mindset.
POSITION: Jr. project Manager – After Sales
DEPARTMENT: After Market Sales and Service
REPORTS TO: President, After Sales Division
The Senior After Sales Specialist will work with outside partners and other internal members of the After Sales Service team to grow existing customers with a focus on supporting existing customer’s new projects through order and implementation phases, while increasing customer satisfaction. This position requires an energetic, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for Customer Service Excellence.
The After Sales & Service Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Order Processing phase
o Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
o Proactively recommend items needed by customer, including cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items, to increase sales and customer satisfaction
o Calculate and present estimate / price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures
o Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
o Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Implementation phase
o Preparing, analyzing, reviewing, approving, and managing the execution of project paperwork, including estimates, contracts, project schedules, budgets, invoices, applications for payment, change orders, cost reports, purchase orders, subcontractor bid documentation, shipping documentation, project close-out reports and other paperwork necessary to manage and document projects through their lifespan
o Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery. Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
o Managing and overseeing multiple projects concurrently, focusing on Customer Service Excellence, on-time delivery, and the financial performance of projects while minimizing warranty claims through effective quality control, and maximizing margin through cost control and revenue enhancement
o Overseeing cross function stakeholders including client representatives, sub-contractors, and in-house engineering, manufacturing and construction team members
o In addition to managing the timely collection of revenue from clients, contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints
o Remain current on consumer preferences and product developments by attending sales meetings, trade shows and industry conferences
o Developing a well-rounded knowledge of products and installation requirements.
o Set up and maintain customer files, digitally where possible
o Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
o Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members in the organization
o Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
o Continuous improvement of self
o Respect for people through positive communication, consideration and collaborative relationships
o Works hard at being more present; to be open, be interested and be curious.
o Maintain and follow best practices for operations including Customer Service, Quality, Lean Management and Safety.
o Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
o Ensure regular performance feedback through formal performance reviews every 12 months in addition to probationary term reviews
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in a similar position
- Project management and/or construction experience with high volume (short, frequent) projects
- Related experience with construction management, construction projects, Aquatic Centers or Family Entertainment Centers is considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field of study; PMP is an asset.
- Ability to read blue prints and engineering drawings
- Estimating experience is an asset
- Hands on experience with WhiteWater products are considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with MS Project, MRP/order fulfillment systems and working knowledge of CAD and engineering database programs is an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent interpersonal and client interaction skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must possess good writing skills and calm/professional telephone presence; equally comfortable answering both telephone and email sales inquiries
- Ability to encourage and ensure adequate performance of external service providers
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization
- Flexible individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritize a changing workload
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, fun and professional environment
- Motivate and contribute to a positive and results oriented team environment
- Self-discipline to drive high volumes of inbound and outbound call activity
- Great negotiating and closing skills
- Hands-on, roll-up your sleeves, do whatever it takes to get the job done attitude with energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills
- Exceptional ability to listen, communicate and collaborate
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic