WhiteWater West is seeking a Junior Thematic Sculptor to join our Aqua Play Manufacturing – Theme Shop at our Richmond head office! In this position you will be an integral part of a team that manufactures components of Waterparks. Responsible for thematic Styrofoam Carvings in a lean manufacturing environment the Junior Thematic Sculptor is a key role contributing to high quality carvings for Waterparks located around the globe. The Junior Thematic Sculptor will also read, understand and follow basic drawings for carving animated objects, maintain quality and have an eye for detail. A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a time conscious manufacturing environment.
- Artistic ability – understands anatomy, proportion, form and texture
- Technically competent with hotwire, lathe, bandsaw, measurement tools
- Willingness to learn – follows instructions, and works well with others to learn the necessary skills
- Reads drawings – understands drawing views, technical notation, knows where to look for information and preforms tasks with minimal assistance
- Carve thematic Styrofoam sculptures in a timely manner and to a high level of quality
- Problem Solving skills – can identify issues with frames, details and instructions and seek the appropriate advice/help to rectify problems
- Good Quality Control – completes projects to a high-quality finish. Understands hardcoat requirements.
- Shows potential for advancement –the necessary skillset to advance within the company
- Usage of Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures
- Understanding and follow safety procedures
- Follow productions schedules, timelines and processes
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings
- Continuous improvement of self
- Respect for people with communication, consideration and cooperation
- Other duties as required
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. repeatedly on a daily basis (For physical roles)
- Participate in department training.
- 5S cleaning, organizing, sustaining Theme Department
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Responsible for safety ensure best practices are followed
- Define and align goals with departmental goals then ensure regular performance feedback is completed through performance feedback and goal setting program
- Self Sufficient – Can work with minimal supervision
- Fork lift certification or experience an asset
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. repeatedly on a daily basis
- Must be able to work (Mon-Fri 6am-2:15pm); available to work overtime hours as required
- Ability to read basic drawings
- Experience with an electric chain saw, utility knife, palm sander and other tools
- Productions experience or manufacturing experience an asset
- Exposure to Lean and 5S manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of Kanban and inventory systems.
- Willingness to contribute to a safe work environment by following all Company health and safety rules and policies.
- Minimum _2_ to _5_ years of experience in a similar position
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.