WhiteWater West is seeking a Marketing & Trade Show Coordinator to join our Marketing Team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will be supporting the delivery of a 40+ trades how and event program, learning all the intricacies involved in planning and delivering complex international shows. You also help manage assets for the team, both digital and physical and work with suppliers who produce them. WhiteWater as a market leader has important relationships with customers and industry associations and the Marketing & Trade Show Coordinator helps us manage these, leads our award entry submissions and sponsorship opportunities. The Marketing & Trade Show Coordinator is a great way to develop experience across marketing disciplines, event planning, and is perfect for a natural networker who is curious, keen to learn, and very organized.
Trade Show and Event Support
- With Trade Show Manager, prepare and execute a plan for every show, determine exhibit components and requirements, support with booth design and collaborate within marketing to assure everything required meets scheduled deadlines
- Project Co-ordination – support development of collateral and graphics, manage procurement of trade show booth elements, and liaise with suppliers to ensure on-time and quality exhibit components
- Show Logistics – prepare and submit forms within deadlines for multitude of trade show services, prepare detailed instructions for Sales Manager’s use on-site
- Shipping Logistics – liaise with internal and external logistics specialists, coordinate, schedule, prepare and track shipments
- Inventory Management – maintain exhibit inventory
- Event Management – coordinate on-site events, meetings and sponsorship requirements
- Group Housing Management – book and manage hotel room blocks at major shows
- Record Management – maintain digital trade show files – include all emails, artwork, forms, contracts, invoices, and gather and file booth photos
- Manage client event invitation lists and RSVPs
- Trade Show Attendance – travel to shows may be required to manage install and dismantle of booth, coordinate booth activities, support sales to be as effective as possible on trade show floor, and liaise with on-site show services
- Lead App set up, provide support for sales team, and lead loading into CRM rapidly after shows
- Invoice & expense management – track and process invoices and credit card payments for shows and services, and help with show related expenses to facilitate effective spending and cost control
- Trade Show Review – creating surveys and collecting feedback for all shows, and measuring ROI based on leads, brand exposure, and relationship building efforts to provide recommendations for future trade show investments
Asset & Budget Management
- Visual asset management making sure new assets are filed and tagged on Scaura ensuring rights for images are recorded on assets and customer wavers (waved image rights for usage requests) are filed
- Co-ordinate video asset development
- Manage visual suppliers and help manage filming trips including park access/permission and co-ordinate editing process/feedback
- SWAG – source and maintain stock for SWAG in internal store, including brochure reprints when required
- Review invoices, confirm costs, code, approve, track down missing or unpaid invoices with Accounting
- Coordinating monthly team reporting and metrics
Customer & Industry relations
- Researching project details/unique angles for press releases and manage installation list with Project Services
- Maintain global project list and keep up to date monthly – confirm name, address, products for use on website
- Reach out to clients for images, approval to use park logos & testimonials
- Maintain professional association memberships- maximize benefits and obtain lists
- Buyer’s Guides / Directories – update print and online listings
- Track all speaker opportunities and support/coordinate speaker submissions and these events
- Back-up coverage for Reception
- Degree preferable but not essential
- 1 yr + office environment work experience demonstrating project management, organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to travel internationally with valid passport with no restrictions
- Complete understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) is required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Additional language skills would be an asset (Spanish or Mandarin)
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.