WhiteWater West is seeking a Mechanical Design Intern to join our Engineering team at our Richmond head office for a 4 month term! In this position you will undertake a variety of tasks to assist the Engineering department. Examples of previous work assignments include: assisting with SlidePath Design, developing CAD models, creating design documentation, and supporting Continuous Improvement efforts. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Assist in creation of CAD models (parts and assemblies)
- Assist in creation of fabrication part drawings, assembly drawings, and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for use by our manufacturers
- Work within existing protocols for creation and file storage of all parts, assemblies and drawings
- Maintain and rework existing parts, assemblies and drawings to conform to current protocols
- Working with other staff, support transition of existing designs from legacy systems into the PDM database
- Prepare engineering drawings and SolidWorks models for waterslide parts, product assemblies, and electrical/mechanical schematics
- Assist in the component assembly design process
- Perform other duties as requested by the Design Manager
- Participating in post-secondary design education (prefer Mechanical Technologist, Mechanical Engineer, or Mechatronics student)
- Proficient with CAD software, including AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Knowledge of drawings standards (ASME Y14.100) would be a definite asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Curious with the desire to understand and a passion to learn
- Ability to develop effective internal and external working relationships
- Exceptional ability to listen, communicate (written and oral) and collaborate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-starter and energetic
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.