WhiteWater West is seeking a Mechanical Designer, Intermediate/Senior to join our AquaPlay Engineering team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will maintain the design library, adhere to established design processes and participate in process improvement initiative task forces as required. You will check your own work products as well as those of others for conformance to accepted standards, accuracy and completeness.
- Review project contract, specifications and client supplied information to determine the scope of work.
- Prepare engineering drawings and create or improve CAD models.
- Review and check engineering drawings from Junior and Intermediate Mechanical Designers.
- Coach and mentor team members to improve design skills and processes.
- Coordinate with the Lead Designer and Project Manager to ensure that all client requirements are identified and that they are aligned with Whitewater product lines.
- Identify the nature and extent of any customization required.
- Report any discrepancies or inconsistencies in the scope of work or project requirements to the Lead Designer and Project Manager.
- Co-ordinate with other departments and outside suppliers as required in order to ensure integration with other aspects of each project.
- Create fabrication drawings for use by our manufacturers or coordinate fabrication designs with theming.
- Follow established design processes for the generation and release of drawings and deliverables.
- Create and quality check engineering deliverables (principally drawings and bills of materials) for accuracy, completeness and adherence to applicable codes and accepted drafting standards.
- Create installation drawings to be used by the construction installers and advisors.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or relevant technical degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in design or a similar position.
- Knowledge of DFM/DFMA processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding, forming, and machining.
- Knowledge of material characteristics and selection, particularly for corrosive environments.
- Understanding and familiarity with drafting standards, ASME Y14.100 and GD&T standards.
- Advanced capability in SolidWorks and AutoCAD is a must.
- Ability to encourage and ensure adequate performance of external service providers.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal working relationships with all levels in the organization and external clients.
- Experience with PDM or PLM systems would be considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Dependent on the project, occasional travel will be required with little advanced notice. Must be able to travel globally without restrictions.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- An amazing corporate culture, you’ll want to be here.
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
- We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world. We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.