WhiteWater West is seeking a Packager to join our Supply Chain team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will assemble packaging (boxes, crates, pallets), measure, weigh, label and record what is packed, inspect packaging for tears, cracks and dents, and make sure the materials inside are packed in accordance to shipping best practices.
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products from internal and external orders.
- Uses a variety of power and hand tools to assemble packages (boxes, crates, pallets) for shipping via ground/air/ocean.
- Check and weigh materials and products.
- Handles fragile items and hazardous materials in a safe manner according to company’s and government rules and regulations.
- Move raw materials, finished products and equipment manually or using powered equipment to designated staging areas or loading dock.
- Pulls out packages that are improperly labeled, sealed, damaged or out of shape for reprocessing.
- Examines and inspects containers/trailers for cleanliness and loaded cargo for safety and stability to ensure safe delivery of goods.
- Loads packaged inventory into ocean containers/trucks for delivery.
- Makes use of computer programs and spreadsheet software to track inventory.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Understanding of ISMP15 wood packaging compliance requirements.
- Previous warehouse experience, such as knowledge in packaging and shipping standards.
- Exposure to Lean and 5S manufacturing preferred.
- WHMIS knowledge and experience preferred.
- Hazmat training and experience with handling hazmat is an asset.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk, bend, squat, and lift frequently
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.