WhiteWater West is seeking an Intermediate Product Development Engineer to join our Product Development Team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will become a key member of the Product Development team – to assist in the development and deployment of new products through design, validation, prototyping, documentation, and project management activities. The position is key to following engineering processes to facilitate the eventual commercial release of new products. You will be working closely with engineers and designers within the Product Development Team.
- Support the design and build of new products within the prescribed product roadmap.
- Perform detailed product development planning – including budget, regulatory requirements, resourcing, schedule, and documentation.
- Control and validate product specifications and performance where necessary to assure safety.
- Manage deployment of new product through the Stage Gate process.
- Work on multiple development projects simultaneously.
- Interpretation of design requirements into product features and specifications.
- Conduct Hazard Analysis and DFMEA’s as necessary during product design cycle.
- Creation and maintenance of BOMs and database entries in a PDM environment.
- Create advanced concept designs for products and support detailed feasibility analyses.
- Review, quality check, approve and release engineering deliverables and documentation for new and standard products following best engineering and design practices.
- Participate in the design verification of new products (planning, testing, reporting).
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on design and prototype activities.
- Travel to site to perform reviews, testing, or commissioning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum educational requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Working towards P.Eng. or PE
- 3-5 years’ experience in a design engineering position
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and able to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
- Experience with project management preferred
- Experience with product design is preferred
- Experience with Solidworks vaults, PDM and PLM systems preferred
- Experience with Risk assessments or DMFEAs preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world. We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.