WhiteWater West is seeking a Product Development Engineer to join our Product Development Team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will become a key member of the Product Development team – to assist in the development and deployment of new products through design, validation, prototyping, documentation, and project management activities. The position is key to following engineering processes to facilitate the eventual commercial release of new products. You will be working closely with engineers and designers within the Product Development team, along with other contributing members in Engineering, Manufacturing, and Project Management functional groups; ushering new products to market.
In this position you will become a key member of the Product Development team – to assist in the development and deployment of new products through design, validation, prototyping, documentation, and project management activities. The position is key to following engineering processes to facilitate the eventual commercial release of new products. You will be working closely with engineers and designers within the Product Development team, along with other contributing members in Engineering, Manufacturing, and Project Management functional groups; ushering new products to market.
- Support the design and build of new products within the prescribed product roadmap.
- Perform detailed product development planning – including budget, regulatory requirements, resourcing, schedule, and documentation.
- Control and validate product specifications and performance where necessary to assure safety.
- Manage deployment of new product through the Stage Gate process.
- Work on multiple development projects simultaneously.
- Interpretation of design requirements into product features and specifications.
- Conduct Hazard Analysis and DFMEA’s as necessary during product design cycle.
- Creation and maintenance of BOMs and database entries in a PDM environment.
- Create advanced concept designs for products and support detailed feasibility analyses.
- Review, quality check, approve and release engineering deliverables and documentation for new and standard products following best engineering and design practices.
- Participate in the design verification of new products (planning, testing, reporting).
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on design and prototype activities.
- Follow the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Use of Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures.
- Travel to site to perform reviews, testing, or commissioning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum educational requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- P.Eng. or equivalent required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and able to travel internationally up to 10% of the time
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an engineering position
- Experience with project management preferred
- Experience with product design is preferred
- Experience with Solidworks vaults, PDM and PLM systems preferred
- Experience with Risk assessments or DMFEAs preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.