WhiteWater West is seeking a Product Development Engineer to join our Product Development Team at our Richmond head office!
To become a key member of the product development team – to design, model and validate new and existing products and components. The position is key to providing technical support to functional groups involved with the entire spectrum of the product life cycle. In carrying out the day-to-day duties of this position, the Mechanical Designer will assist Mechanical Engineers, within project constraints, to collect information, perform research, conduct experiments, build prototypes, consult, design and document these activities as required to find timely, efficient, cost-effective solutions to problems posed.
- Creating and/or modifying engineering parts, assemblies and drawings using SolidWorks.
- Generating bills of materials within PDM/PLM systems.
- Participating in the creation of product requirements and specifications.
- Participating in risk assessment and DFMEA activities.
- Designing, building, and testing prototypes and models.
- Preparing test plans and documenting test results.
- Interacting with in-house and outside resources for custom part and component supply.
- Evaluating new configurations using simulation software.
- Reviewing designs for manufacturability and constructability.
- Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis on non-conforming product.
- Non-Compliance Reporting (NCR) / Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) procedures.
- Implementing engineering changes through the ECO process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education at a University or technical institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Advanced training and ability in Solidworks.
- Experience with DBWorks and/or EPDM PDM/PLM systems.
- Strong problem solving, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with product/machine design is preferred.
- Experience with risk assessments and/or DFMEA’s is preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.