WhiteWater West is seeking a Procurement Manager to join our Supply Chain team at our Richmond head office.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for providing oversight to the Purchasing Department and their processes to ensure delivery of goods and services to support a project organization in a cost-effective manner. The Purchasing Manager is a key role in ensuring that goods and services are purchased at the best overall value, on time, and meet the quality specifications. The Purchasing Manager also provides support to the Purchasing Team and the Director of Supply Chain, redefining processes, monitoring purchasing related metrics and setting departmental goals in accordance with overall Company goals.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for:
- Establishes, monitors and assesses the performance of the Purchasing Team against the goals of the individuals and the Team in support of the Company goals
- Supports and executes best practices in accordance with the sourcing and purchasing strategy by managing supplies and suppliers for selected projects
- Evaluates and manages existing and potential suppliers based on the principles off Total Cost of Ownership
- Assists with the development and deployment of supplier performance metrics incorporating the fundamentals of price, delivery, quality, capability, reliability and other performance attributes
- Develops cost saving initiatives in accordance with the Strategic Purchasing Plan
- Identifies and implements the processes and systems required to support the global procurement strategy
- Provides input in relation to improving the planning system and business processes
- Develops and nurtures supplier relationships and trust through open and interactive communication
- Supports and ensures the product meets the customer’s quality, service and value expectations
- Remains current with market trends through relationships with vendors and the community
- Practices Continuous improvement to improve systems and processes within Purchasing to be more effective and efficient.
- Utilizes the existing NCR system so that supplier issues are resolved, but also generate root cause and preventative measures
- Demonstrates continuous improvement of self and team
- Practices respect for people with communication, consideration and cooperation
- Executes responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Achieves personal and department service metrics and performance factors
- Builds strategic alliances cross-functionally and with community and suppliers
- Possesses a valid passport and can travel 10 – 20%
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, or equivalent knowledge in Materials Management or Purchasing, including PMAC designation
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role, with at least 5 years of progressive leadership experience
- Experience in a similar or related industry is an asset
- Previous ERP experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to negotiate effectively
- Demonstrated understanding purchasing processes, MRP, inventory and production principles
- Possess commercial understanding of the business and ability to plan and forecast demand
- Manage financial aspects of the role and understand the budget management process
- Previous leadership experience with skills in management, delegation and motivation
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (CRM, MS Word, Excel, PPT, Project)
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Global supply chain experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Effective team leader with the ability to lead change and manage ambiguity
- Proven ability to work well with diverse groups spanning all cultures
- Supportive of colleagues, decisive and able to resolve difficulties under adverse conditions
- Ability to handle difficult clients and situations
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands on, roll up your sleeves, do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Energetic self-starter with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, fun and professional environment
- Curious with the desire to understand
About WhiteWater West
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.