WhiteWater West is seeking a Regional Director of Operations to join our Project Services team at our Dubai office! In this position you will provide active management of projects, customer service, logistics and local procurement activities within established schedules and budgets. Additionally, the you will be responsible for exploring expanded product offerings to increase our service levels in the region. This role will have international projects so cross-cultural experience and/or additional language proficiency will be highly valuable.
- Acting as the prime point of contact and liaison between the client and WhiteWater and its partners
- Managing and overseeing client relations providing increasing levels of customer support
- Managing and overseeing a team of operations professionals
- Managing and overseeing multiple projects concurrently, focusing on on-time delivery, minimizing warranty claims through effective quality control, and maximizing margin through cost control and revenue enhancement
- Managing and overseeing a network of suppliers and partners in the region
- Reviewing and managing internal engineering processes and schedules to meet project specific needs
- Preparing, analyzing, reviewing, approving and managing the execution of project paperwork
- Managing the timely collection of revenue from clients
- Managing local Procurement activities
- Monitoring/managing the installation Field Construction Supervisor activities on the project job site
- Coordinate and manage the interdepartmental and intra-company project team to meet project goals
- Updating all stakeholders on project variances from established schedules and budgets on a timely basis
- 10-15 years experience in a Construction Project environment or equivalent training.
- Prior project management experience and/or related experience with construction management, large construction projects, structural steel, Aquatic Centres or Family Entertainment Centres is considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field of study; P.Eng Mechanical preferred
- The ability to read engineering drawings for general comprehension and take-offs is essential.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel, SharePoint and MS Project; CAD software skills considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada, have experience with working in the Middle East and have valid passport with ability to travel globally.
- Eligibility to work in UAE
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.