WhiteWater West is seeking a Safety Specialist to join our Quality & Safety team at our Richmond head office. The Safety Specialist manages both the Workplace / Site / Product Safety Program and the Performance Evaluation & Improvement program related to WWI workplaces, construction sites, products, services, processes, and systems.
- Management & Facilitation of the Workplace, Site, and Product Safety Program
- o Participation in the Workplace Health & Safety Committee and related projects, including major WWI locations (Richmond, Kelowna, San Diego, and China)
- o Participation in the Technical Safety Committee related to WWI Products & Services and related projects
- o Participation in projects related to (Construction) Site safety
- o Be a model regarding health and safety of yourself, fellow employees, and the public
- o Develop and enforce workplace and product safety requirements
- o Auditing related to Workplace, Site, and Product Safety
- Management & Facilitation of the Performance Evaluation & Improvement Program, including management of the following process:
- o Major Incident Response Process
- o Supplemental Bulletin Process
- o NCR (Non-Conformance Reporting) and OFI (Opportunity For Improvement) Process
- o G8D (Global Eight Disciplines) Process
- o AIR (Accident Incident Reporting) Process
- o Gemba Walks
- o Auditing related to Performance Evaluation & Improvement
- Reporting, Documentation, & Related Records
- o Regular (i.e. Monthly) and Ad Hoc Reporting
- o Specific & Special Reports (G8D, AIR, etc)
- o Related documentation and records on as-required basis (Incidents, Accidents, etc)
- Orientation, Training, Communication, & Related Records
- o Development, Delivery, and Records related to orientation & training for Office Staff, Manufacturing Staff, Site Advisors, etc
- o Develop positive communication and messaging related to health & safety
- Special Improvement Projects on an as-require basis, including but not limited to:
- o Leadership and Facilitation of G8D Improvement Projects
- o Leadership and Facilitation of Accident and Incident Investigations
- o Leadership and Facilitation of other Projects related to Health & Safety
- Travel, Personal & Professional Development
- o Travel to site for audits, investigations, training, and other activities (up to 20%)
- o Work cross-functionally with other departments on team-based activities
- o Work with regulatory agencies regarding health and safety (including reviews & audits)
- o Personal and Professional Development on an as-required basis
- Other Responsibilities
- o Various Responsibilities in Reliability, Supplier Development, Quality
- Various Responsibilities in Configuration Management & Documentation
About WhiteWater West
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.