WhiteWater West is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Water Rides Team at our Richmond head office! As part of the Attractions division at WhiteWater, the Water Rides Team delivers exciting water-based amusement park rides to customers around the world. We are currently looking for a senior team member to help grow our capacity and product offering in a fast paced global market.
Reporting to the Water Rides Engineering Manager, you will play a vital role in the success of the team, facilitating design and development of amusement park rides with a focus on meeting quality, cost, and delivery objectives. Drawing from your substantial experience and excellent leadership skills, you will help develop the team by providing guidance and support for junior team members and external partners.
- Act as the technical authority for a range of products, ensuring conformance with safety and performance requirements
- Review and approve designs, analyses, and documentation for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with applicable standards
- Leverage experience to lead and/or participate in Design Risk Assessments, Failure Modes and Effects Analyses, and Root Cause Analyses
- Provide technical support for manufacturing and commissioned products in a timely and professional manner
- Conduct market research and evaluate competitors’ products by experiencing amusement park rides around the world
- Provide design direction to develop new rides and features for a portfolio of water based amusement park rides
- Without compromising safety, optimize designs for manufacture and assembly in an international marketplace while minimizing lifecycle cost
- Develop effective relationships and work closely with clients and vendors to ensure designs achieve intended goals
- Evaluate installations to ensure products meet specified requirements
- Commission and certify rides for public use
- Adapt quickly to accommodate project-specific design requirements and handle non-conformances within strict time constraints
- Utilize effective organizational skills to support third party design reviews
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
· Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC
· 10 years of industry experience including: amusement park rides, large industrial equipment or conveyors, structural steel construction, and/or open channel flow
· Familiar with various manufacturing processes, including welding and machining
· Familiar working with various materials and hardware
· Experience with design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA), including application of appropriate tolerances
· Legally eligible to work in Canada
· Able to travel worldwide without restrictions
Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
· Materials for corrosive environments
· Designing for fatigue applications
· Designing to international standards
· Product development / R&D
· Product Data Management (PDM) or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
· Analytical and numerical analysis, including Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Essential qualities and experience:
· Naturally creative and curious with a desire to learn and share knowledge
· Experience coaching and mentoring others
· Ability to recognize business needs and prioritize accordingly
· Ability to effectively listen, communicate, and collaborate with a diverse array of people
· Detail oriented with a high standard of quality
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.