WhiteWater West is seeking a SlidePath Designer to join our SlidePath at our Richmond head office! In this position you will…
Whitewater has a large and very dynamic Pre-Contract Team consisting of Architects, Designers, Estimators and Sales Operations. This group is integrated into and supports the Sales Team. The Pre-Contract Designers engage with customers and sales people daily to deliver world class designs tailored to the customer’s needs.
The team utilizes CADD software to create slide path models, renderings, ride fly-throughs and simulations to suit client specifications and help promote sales. The Pre-Contract Designer has a key role in ensuring the waterslide designs are safe, fun and successful when installed. This position requires an energetic, self-starter with a positive and helpful outlook to their work.
- Collaborate with internal departments at WhiteWater to ensure the very best possible design solutions are provided to meet the customer’s needs
- Interface with clients and sales to identify and clarify scope of work
- Design waterslide layouts using 3D design tools such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD software; develop waterslide designs that incorporate safety, aesthetic appeal, site constraints and fun.
- Oversee, review and issue client proposal drawings
- Responsible for timely delivery of client proposal drawings to Sales
- Create and maintain support tools to support the sales process
- Provide sufficient information to Estimating in regard to slide length breakdowns, slide support layouts and tower designs
- Participate in the creation of Slide Design Parameter documents and incorporate these into waterslide designs
- Provide slide simulations and slide fly-throughs as needed
- Participate in SlidePath department continuous improvement initiatives
- Seek mentorship from senior members of the SlidePath department
- Continuous improvement of self
- Contributes to a culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies
- Respect for people through positive communication, consideration and collaborative relationships
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering degree (EIT) or Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma is an asset
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Experience using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software
- Passionate about customer service and being part of a dynamic team
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to visualize concepts in 3D from a plan view
- Ability to learn new software tools in a short time frame and use them effectively
- Excellent time-management, communication, organization and priority-defining skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Exceptional ability to listen, communicate and collaborate
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- It’s all about who it’s for and what it is. WhiteWater West Industries builds and designs products that bring fun to our end customers. Therefore, we strive to incorporate fun into our team culture while still maintaining the highest standards of safety.
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.