WhiteWater West is seeking a Structural Engineer, Intermediate to join our Structural Engineering team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will provide structural analysis, design and design-related services from contract initiation through all phases of design development to final inspection and certification.
- Perform analysis and design of structures using applicable building and design codes/standards (US and Canadian).
- Provide design sketches and coordinate work with draftspersons and other engineering departments during the proposal and design development stage.
- Liaise with external consultants and drafting contractors for assigned projects.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Review and check engineering designs and drawings from team members.
- Complete site inspection as required in international locations.
- Support fabricators and assist site superintendents with technical solutions for site issues.
- Review shop drawings and develop design solutions and modifications when warranted by site conditions.
- Contribute to the development of departmental teamwork and efforts to improve efficiency.
- Coach and mentor less experienced design and drafting staff.
- Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineering designation in Canada (P.Eng.) or US (P.E.) or eligible for registration as an EIT with EGBC
- 5+ years of experience related to structural design engineering with a strong, proven background in steel and reinforced concrete design, exposure to multi-discipline engineering and project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in CAD software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Must be able to travel internationally without restrictions and with limited advance notice.
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A creative and critical thinking ability.
- A can do, positive attitude.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account $$
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world. We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.