About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Technical Writer to develop and lead the production of technical documents. You will create and edit content of customer-facing and internal documents, as well as develop processes to efficiently generate site-specific manuals. The selection, application and management of a content management system is a key part of the role, as is management of independent services and potentially junior writers. This is an opportunity to develop a significant function in the world’s leading provider of water play experiences.
**This position is a 1 year contract, with the possibility of extending or becoming regular full-time.
- Edit, create, and manage written and graphical content for customer-facing documents across multiple product lines with consistent, professional quality levels.
- Lead the selection, deployment, and operation of a content management system to configure and automatically generate installation-specific customer documents.
- Create, edit and manage content for internal documents including Engineering design documents, installation, and service documentation.
- Facilitate efficient interactions with technical experts to curate technical documentation, providing tools and advice as appropriate.
- Manage working relationships with independent documentation contractors and potentially manage junior technical documentation staff.
- Support appropriate and changing methods of document distribution to internal and external audiences.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary training in Technical Writing, Communications, English or equivalent
- 5 or more years of professional technical writing experience
- Strong ability to develop clear and concise technical content in English, with consistent application of writing conventions that support ease of translation and comprehension by an audience whose first language is not English
- Ability to develop technical content in other languages would be an asset
- Experienced and skilled at gathering information, interviewing subject matter experts, and organizing content structure
- Knowledgeable and skilled in single-sourcing and content management systems, with ability to plan content development and delivery strategies
- Experience with developing Operator, Maintenance, and Service manuals would be a significant asset
- Skilled in the design and development of visual information, using tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Visio
- Proficient in developing and maintaining documentation standards, including style guides, templates, and style sheets for consistency across various authoring environments
- Ability to support the technical aspects of authoring and contents management systems, including troubleshooting
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Ability to read engineering drawings and blueprints, reference hardware components, and execute technical (electronic) illustrations
- Ability to multitask and bring multiple complex projects to completion on time
- Ability to engaging and manage documentation contractors to handle overload
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior technical writers
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account $$
- RRSP matching after 1 year
About WhiteWater West
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose: to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude. In all our years, we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here: to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world. We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.