WhiteWater West is seeking a Thematic Sculptor to join our Manufacturing team at our Richmond head office! In this position you will be responsible for thematic Styrofoam Carvings in a lean manufacturing environment. This is a key role that contributes to high quality carvings for Waterparks located around the globe. You will read, understand and follow basic drawings for carving animated objects, maintain quality, and have an eye for detail. This role will be on a Monday-Friday 6:00 am – 2:15 pm shift.
- Artistic ability – understands anatomy, proportion, form and texture
- Technically competent with hotwire, lathe, bandsaw, measurement tools
- Reads drawings – understands drawing views, technical notation, knows where to look for information and preforms tasks with minimal assistance
- Carve thematic Styrofoam sculptures in a timely manner and to a high level of quality
- Problem Solving skills – can identify issues with frames, details and instructions and seek the appropriate advice/help to rectify problems
- Good Quality Control – completes projects to a high-quality finish. Understands hardcoat requirements.
- Shows potential for advancement –the necessary skillset to advance within the company
- Fork lift certification or experience an asset
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. repeatedly on a daily basis
- Ability to read basic drawings
- Experience with an electric chain saw, utility knife, palm sander and other tools
- Productions experience or manufacturing experience an asset
- Exposure to Lean and 5S manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of Kanban and inventory systems.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
- RRSP matching after 1 year
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.