WhiteWater West is seeking a Theming Designer to join our Aquaplay Team at our Richmond head office!
The Theming Designer is responsible, on a project-by-project basis, for all phases of the thematic design process including: artistic rendering, 2D and 3D modelling & design, checking and completion of artistic content, renderings and thematic drawings required for the execution of project thematic elements. The Theming Designer will follow established design processes and maintain an organized design library. The Theming Designer is a key role that requires collaboration and communication with other team members to ensure high quality, accurate and timely design deliverables.
- Create innovative designs to support customer theming objectives
- Co-ordinate with other design groups to ensure that the design intent is understood; ensure that designs created are compatible and manufacturable
- Follow established processes for the generation of theming drawings and BOMs
- Assist with the development and maintenance of CAD library (standard models, parts and sub-assemblies)
- Contributes to culture of development/sustenance of Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies
- Respect for people through positive communication, consideration and collaborative relationships
- Maintain and follow best practices for operations including Customer Service, Quality, Lean Management and Safety
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards
- Define and align personal development goals with departmental goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Industrial Design Degree or Technical Diploma.
- 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong command and broad experience with 3D design applications including SolidWorks, Rhino, 3D Studio Max, and Z-Brush.
- Demonstrated proficiency in 2D applications including CAD software (AutoCAD), Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Familiar with documentation managements systems, ideally DBWorks.
- Experience with playground equipment, outdoor fitness equipment or active environments would be a significant asset.
- Hand drawing and sketching skills are considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work in a team or matrix environment and independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter and energetic.
- Motivate and contribute to a positive and results-oriented team environment.
- Curious with the desire to understand and is a quick learner.
- Detail oriented.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.