WhiteWater West is seeking someone to join our Paint Prep to join our team at our Richmond head office for a one year contract! In this position you will prepare steel, PVC and FRP production materials for painting.
- Take instruction from Production Manager /Paint Supervisor as to project priorities
- Prepare galvanized steel/FRP or PVC for paint adhesion, using various tools such as: air powered orbital sander, scotch brite pads, files, sand paper or air powered die grinder.
- Hang prepared product on racks for painting
- Ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available to as needed to meet production deadlines. Reporting insufficiencies
- When necessary take on other tasks to ensure production deadlines are met
- Hands on experience understanding of paint production
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. repeatedly on a daily basis
- Exposure to Lean and 5S manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of Kanban and inventory systems.
- Experience in using power tools and industry related machinery.
- Willingness to contribute to a safe work environment by following all Company health and safety rules and policies
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Fork lift certification or experience an asset
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world.
We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.