WhiteWater West is seeking a full-time Senior Financial Accountant to join our Finance Team at our Richmond head office! This role is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely accounting records to support preparation of financial statements. This includes performing balance sheet, revenue and expense account reconciliations as well as analyzing financial information for discrepancies and other issues. The Senior Financial Accountant is a key role in ensuring accurate financial reporting. This position requires an energetic, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Financial Reporting, Budgets and Forecasts
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger for various companies within the Whitewater group.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports including accompanying schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Investigate budget and variance issues.
- Assist with corporate tax returns.
- Liaison with auditors as required.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
Project Reporting and Compliance
- Liaison with project managers in preparation of the monthly project work-in-progress.
- Participate in regular project review meetings.
- Prepare estimated cost-to-complete adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure proper control over project openings and upload of project budgets.
- Provide project actual vs. budget analysis.
- Analyze/reconcile work-in-progress, backlog and revenues.
- Monthly review of AR collections and bad debt analysis.
Sales Tax Compliance
- Review contracts for sales tax related matters.
- File monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax returns for various states.
- Correspond with government agencies as necessary
- 5+ years’ of progressively senior experience in a similar or relevant role
- Completed professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Hands on experience with accounting software systems, foreign exchange translation and consolidation
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards for private enterprises
- Working knowledge of US sales tax, GST, HST and VAT
- Experience with Microsoft D365 or AX is an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Have flexibility in duty assignment and ability to work overtime, holidays and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills.
- Exceptional ability to listen, communicate and collaborate.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, fun and professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic.
- Enjoys a challenge and strives for constant improvement.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account
- RRSP matching after 1 year
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater was born in 1980 with one clear purpose, to create places where families unite and make joyful lasting memories.
We achieve this by standing alongside our customers from concept to completion of award-winning attractions, from slides to water rides and everything in between. We aim to inspire our clients by unleashing our creativity to realize their ambitions; we craft solutions which make each park unique. We are dedicated to making products that operators can count on, because we understand the importance of reliability and efficiency on the bottom line.
As market leaders, we put our success down to our attitude, in all our years we’ve never once forgotten why we’re here – to help parks solve problems, create immersive experiences, and delight guests all over the world. We’re here to create places where fun can thrive.